Saturday, April 25, 2009

Do lotus leaves have any toxic ingredients?

I recently developed a habit of drinking lotus leaves tea (just put dry lotus leaves in hot water). I know Chinese use lotus leaves to wrap some food so I guess they are edible. But since they are not conventionally made into tea, I just want to make sure it is fine. Do you know if there is any harmful ingredients in lotus leaves? Thanks for answering.

Do lotus leaves have any toxic ingredients?
Lotus leaves themselves are very healthy, but in some places they are sprayed with chemicals, herbicides %26amp; pesticides to control growth.





Just make sure the lotus leaves you are using are organic and 100% free of any chemicals.





If you are not sure, here's a good source:





http://www.mightyleaf.com/product.aspx?I...


No comments:

Post a Comment