Friday, November 18, 2011

In Lotus Notes, we have replication, not sure what that is?

We use Lotus Notes at work. I could ask but I'd rather find out from the yahoo gang if possible. Throughout my work day I see, from time to time, a replication tab which appears. It lists the number of email transmissions and othe related IT occurrences in Lotus Notes, or at least I believe they are Notes related. Can I adjust it so replication occurs from just 12am to 3am while I am not at work. It bothers me because it is an extra tab up while I am working on emails and Notes. Or is it backing up my system, or something like that? Therefore, probably a necessary process which I must not interrupt? thanks.

In Lotus Notes, we have replication, not sure what that is?
Records and files from multiple servers copy their information to each other such that all the data on all servers is up to date. The Notes administrator can set the schedule. But if you're using Outlook, you can just setup a rule to move all the messages from Notes to a separate folder. Hope this helps...

flowers and gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment