Friday, November 18, 2011

Lotus Notes - setup problem?

I would like to replace Outlook Express with Lotus Notes for email however, I have a problem I dont know how to fix.





With Notes I can receive mail down to my PC but a copy remains on the ISP server and so I soon hit my ISP storage limits. With Outlook Express it removes the mail from the ISP server once it is downloaded to the PC.





Is there a setting within Notes that allow me to delete all the ISP server mail upon downloading?





Thanks

Lotus Notes - setup problem?
Open the Accounts view in your Lotus Notes address book. Open your POP mail account document in edit mode. On the Protocol Configuration tab, there is an editable option for leaving messages on the server - change that to No.





If you are new to Notes, a link to your address book is on the bookmark bar that runs up and down the left side (third icon down). If you are using R6 or R7, the Accounts view is under the "Advanced" views. If you are using R4 or R5, there is an icon to the advanced views in the bottom left of the address book.


No comments:

Post a Comment