Monday, November 16, 2009

I need help with the Lotus Eaters from the Odyssey!?

I am having a debate with my english teacher tomorrow about the lotus eaters and what they stand for i said that i think they stand for like th worldy desires because tehy gaive "honeyed" lotus which mean they would like it just like the worldly thing we like in the world that distract from our goals. And also that they could represents the 7 deadly sin which are: wrath, sloth, gluttony, avarice, vainity, envy, and lust which also distract us from our goals in life and cause us to have problems in life but my teacher says they mean like drugs and crap because they make them fall asleep but i think it is deeper than that because i am all like philophical and FYI i can't spell worth crap so please forgive spelling thank for all the help!

I need help with the Lotus Eaters from the Odyssey!?
I think is can be both... I mean, it really is open to interpretation. Though, I'm not sure how the lotus eaters' fruit can be the 7 deadly sins, besides gluttony and maybe lust.


Basically, worldly things maybe; 7 deadly sins not so much.


Also, drugs can work as well... Again, it's really open to many interpretations... all of which kind of fall into the same theme for being distracted.


No comments:

Post a Comment