Monday, November 16, 2009

If you've grown a lotus flower, please give me some tips?

Last yr. bought some lotus seeds late, so had to wait this yr. to try them out.


all I remember is that they root at the bottom of a pail or bucket of water. And it has to be early in the spring + indoors around here because it's too cool right now to attempt this beautiful flower outside--pls advise. That is IF you've been successful/experienced at growing lotus flowers.

If you've grown a lotus flower, please give me some tips?
the lotus is normally grown in tropical weather .and frankly i never try with the seeds .i have doz zen in my pond they live in very soft mud ,and can put in bucket size 12 inch dia .they like raw peanuts for food .crash the peanuts and place under the roots.they grow back after they fall .if you have a chance you can get the tablets in BKK for that plants .need full sun.the water depth is 1/2 meter is ok .pond dia;must 4feet .so the leafs can spread .
Reply:I have never grown them from seed. I have one in my water garden that I bought as a plant. They came from Japan, I think, originally, and the climate there is similar to here. I am in NW OH, zone 5, and I don't do anything to it except fertilize during the growing season. It stays in the pond.





I was outside yesterday and I see it has begun to grow.

beaded necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment