Monday, November 16, 2009

In Lotus Notes can I view an attachment directly from a view?

I am using Lotus Notes version 7. I created a form that allows a user to add and store an attachment by using a rich text lite field. Thus I have documents in my database that contain a rich text field. This rich text field contains the attachment. Only one attachment can exist in a document.





My question is right now the user must go into the view, open the document, and then double-click on the attachment in the rich text field to open it. Is there any way to open the attachment from the view without having to open the document first?





As far as I know a notes view column cannot directly access a rich text field.

In Lotus Notes can I view an attachment directly from a view?
On the Launch tab of the Form properties, change the Auto Launch option to "-First Attachment-." This opens the first attachment, rather than the Notes document when opening a document in read mode. To edit or view the Notes doc, you'll only have to open it directly in edit mode - I would just use Ctrl+e, but you could also add a button to the view for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment