Monday, November 16, 2009

Can Lotus Notes 7 be configured for Hotmail?

Help. I am at a loss here. I've tried to google the answers and I get a lot of doubletalk and weird banter. I just want to know how to configure my Lotus Notes client to receive (and send from) Windows Live Mail (aka Hotmail). Now, to me it stands to reason that if it can be done with Outlook and Outlook Express, why the heck can't it be done with Notes? I left my old company, but I have a 7 client just sitting on my home machine with nothing to do. What a waste. HELP!

Can Lotus Notes 7 be configured for Hotmail?
if you have the names of your smtp and pop servers it can be done.





you have to go into your address book, and click advanced. you will then see a view called accounts. click on accounts, and then click add account. you will need to add one for each, and for your pop account, you will need to supply your user name and password.





if you have done this, you should be able to receive mail, just like you can with outlook or outlook express.


No comments:

Post a Comment