Monday, November 16, 2009

Get lotus file from cd and put in excel?

i have a lotus 123 file on a cd that i need to put in excel. how do I get excel to open file?

Get lotus file from cd and put in excel?
When I do File-Open, in the "Files of type" box at the bottom I can choose "Lotus 1-2-3 Files".





Don't you have that option, or doesn't it work for you?





Cheers.


.
Reply:Lotus! Wow! Been a long time since I've worked in that.


Forgot all I knew.


Click the help button to see if you can SAVE AS FILETYPE


ASCII, text, delimited, or comma separated value (CSV). Be sure to save it to a new name or it will overwrite your original.





Once you have done this, open a new Excel file.


click File, Open.


Name the file.


You will have to find the file, then tell Excel in which format you saved it. I think you will be o.k. from here if you are able to save the Lotus file to a format acceptable to Excel.





Immediately, if Excel accepts the data, click File, SAVE AS and be sure to take note where it will go, give it a new name, and be sure the filetype now shows MS Excel Workbook.

myspace layouts

No comments:

Post a Comment