Monday, May 17, 2010

Since there is no lotus option I'll come here due to power plant?

My father is looking to buy a lotus elise, what are some major problems that they are known for?? I know they are incredible handling machines but the power plant is the "celica" engine, and the bay is kinda tight.. any power pulling ideas without a swap, and turbo would be tough due to the sq.in. issue in the bay

Since there is no lotus option I'll come here due to power plant?
Before you add power to such a ride-


Learn to use what you have.


You will have almost 80 (most likely more) more HP then a Miata and I think about 500 pounds less weight. They are cars for winding roads, not the 1/4 mile. Quick off the line, but not a rocket ship.


The Lotus cars are finely balance automobiles. More then likely you will make a great ride a poor ride.
Reply:last thing you want to do is ruin the powerband and make it peakier.


No comments:

Post a Comment