Friday, May 21, 2010

Which Path in IT Support? Lotus Notes or Unix or Windows?

I am working in the field of IT support for almost 3 years and I m thinking of moving up to the Administration level. Of course I work on Lotus Notes, Windows Admin and tried Unix.


Now I m just thinking of focusing on one of them and going through in-dept but I m not sure about their future.


Please advice.


Thank you

Which Path in IT Support? Lotus Notes or Unix or Windows?
Most larger companies stick with Windows for desktop applications. So if you are looking to stick to desktop support, this is the way to go.





If you are more of a server/web IT person, then windows and linux/unix is the way to go. I work for a company as a web developer, and I use both platforms. We use Windows the IIS platform and asp, asp.NET development...and Unix Solaris or Linux for JSP, J2EE development.
Reply:MCSA and Cisco certification atm. In less then 4 years you will want to get some linux under your hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment